Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LachlanJB

Bookmarks to hide graphs on multiple pages

Hi everyone 

I have created a comprehensive report (about 10 pages) for a user where each report page has a number of tables and graphs. The idea was to display short term data against long term data for each page.

Now the client has informed me that they wish to have essentially 2 views of the report. One which just contains the table (essentially a simplified version of the report). The other would contain the 2 graphs for a more comprehensive view.

I have been studying the Bookmarks & Selection Pane featuers and see that bookmarks can be used to hide graphs on the page. That's great but I would like to extend this feature to be able to hide graphs across multiple pages. It seems that Bookmarks are limited to the page that they are set on.

Are there any other potential workarounds here? My hope was to use a boolean toggle button on the home page and have that hide or show various graphs over the remaineder of the report.

If that option is not available am I best to just create a separate report for each (one for the simple view and the other for the comrehensive view)?

Preferably I would rather avoid having multiple reports that show overlapping data as that requires more governance in making updates to reports and more work in setting permissions. 
If we go down that path we may look at making an App but currently with only 1 report it has been easier to share it off the workspace.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@LachlanJB ,

I'm afraid you should create seperate bookmarks in each page. You can submit your idea here.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.