Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vmakhija
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Bookmarks question - Page Level filter and Slicer

Hello

I am not sure if this question is already answered.

Here is my question -

When saving bookmark, I want that page level filters should be saved. However, if I select "Data" option while updating bookmark, it also saves the slicer selection.

I dont want slicers to be saved.

Any idea on how to do this?

One option for me is to create 2 different pages to achieve this (and use one page each for my page level filter combination), but I want to know if this can be accomplished with a single page.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@vmakhija,

You would need to manually select the new value in your slicer and update the 1st bookmark.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@vmakhija,

You can create same visuals and a slicer without selection, then create bookmark with toggle as shown in the following PBIX file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhsotbnGu1Nokz-iFj6hTkQDHxGz

Reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Afcj8mT5_Q

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

The PBIX file link is blocked at my work place.

Do you have any other way to send me the same?

Regards

@vmakhija,

Check if the attached PBIX file is available.

Regards,
Lydia

@v-yuezhe-msft

Thanks, I was able to download this time.

So if I understand it correctly, you are suggesting to use slicer with selected value and not use page level filter, right?

If that is true, I think this solution is not flexible enough to cater to future values of a field (slicer).

However, for page level filter, we can write things such as "contain", "does not contain", etc.

So, I am not sure if your solution will work correctly.

Regards

@vmakhija,

When you convert the toggle button from Left to Right, you can note that page level filter is used in both scenarios. The difference is that no selection in the slicer when you turn toggle button to Left.

Regards,
Lydia

@v-yuezhe-msft 

Yes, I understood that.

My question is - is this solution scaleable enough in the sense that once the values in your slicer change?

For eg, I have a column called Category with values "Elec1", "Elec2", "Elec3", "Clothing1", "Clothing2", "Clothing3".

I am saving one bookmark with slicer values "Elec1", "Elec2", "Elec3".

Another bookmark with values "Clothing1", "Clothing2", "Clothing3".

Now, if there is a value called "Elec4" in future, how will that be included as part of 1st bookmark?

Hope you get my point.

Regards

@vmakhija,

You would need to manually select the new value in your slicer and update the 1st bookmark.

Regards,
Lydia

danextian
Super User
Super User

I also had the same question. I want to be able to separate the filter for slicer and page filter.  I guess this feature will be added in the future. For now, selecting Data option either adds the slicer and page/drillthrough filter to the bookmark and not just either. Until this feature is already available. I avoid using bookmarks in a page where there are both page and slicer filters. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.