Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SFLPBI
Frequent Visitor

Bookmarks now remove cross-filters

I have bookmarks that show/hide visuals (both "selected visuals" and all "all visuals").  I upgraded to May 2019 Desktop RS, and now when I invoke any of these bookmarks, they now remove the selected item(s) in any of the visible visuals.  This removes all cross-filtering and cross-highlighting. I double-checked and "data" is not selected for any of these bookmarks. I believe this started happening after I had to recreate some of them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SFLPBI
Frequent Visitor

I did recreate them.  Several times.

As it turns out, the bookmarks weren't an issue.  There was a slicer in the show/hide that was the culprit.  I have no clue what it was about that particular slicer, but I deleted it and recreated it.  When I updated the bookmark, the functionality went back to normal.

Thanks everyone.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sergiy
Resolver II
Resolver II

I doubt that Power BI upgrade could lead to bookmarks breaking. What is more likely it was your (unintentional) actions that caused troubles. Actually it is not that important. The fact is your bookmarks are broken now. Why don't you just recreate them?

SFLPBI
Frequent Visitor

I did recreate them.  Several times.

As it turns out, the bookmarks weren't an issue.  There was a slicer in the show/hide that was the culprit.  I have no clue what it was about that particular slicer, but I deleted it and recreated it.  When I updated the bookmark, the functionality went back to normal.

Thanks everyone.

Sergiy
Resolver II
Resolver II

What do you call a macro? A bookmark? Could you just recreate your bookmarks?

SFLPBI
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Sergiy. I updated my original post.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.