Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

REEDZHOU
Helper I
Helper I

Bookmarks link not working

Hi mate I created 2 bookmarks, try to link them with 2 pictures. I clicked bookmarks all working, why there is no change when I did  click pictures? I created links with pictures. Who can provide light? thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I am not sure what happaned on my report. It is still not working

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
saademay

Dear, 

I had the same issue, i had a 6 pages power bi dashboard (one main page, and 5 others), i started on the main page to create bookmarks and activate actions in power bi dekstop (2019). I could see the bookmarks in the pane but the link was not working depite the activation of the action control button. 

The solution was this: click on each page you would like to bookmark and add it to the bookmark pane, if you added all bookmarks while being on the main page, the link will not be activated. 

So go to page 2, add the bookmark, then go to page 3, add the bookmark and so on..

Once done, turn on the action button in all pages to the corresponding page. 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @REEDZHOU

Can you confirm that when you clicked in the Image, you changed it to a bookmark. And then linked it to an existing bookmark that you have already created?

Also are you testing this in Power BI desktop, if you are remember you have to do CTRL + Click for the links to work.

If you are in the Power BI Service, you can simply click on the image.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing. I spent almost one hour trying to solve this and it was only Ctrl + Click.  I'm so amazed at how poorly documents Desktop is. 

THANK YOU!

Bookmarks only work on report pages. Not on dashboards 😞

Oh thank you. Yes I clicked while pressing Ctrl but stil didnt work but when I clicked on Report, it worked!

thanks for your comment.

When I clicked image, I saw the linkage changing in the formate image panel, but the dashboard did not make change. Confused now, thanks

Bookmarks only work on report pages. Not on dashboards

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I am not sure what happaned on my report. It is still not working

I have the issue as you ,but when I use Ctrl+click the image,It worked

same here. Mine, when ctrl+button works. Else doesn't.

REEDZHOU, I am having a similar issue. Not sure why you flagged this issue as "Solved". Can you change it back to "not solved yet" so that someone looks into it please?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.