Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bookmarks - keep user slicer choice along multiple bookmarks

Hello. I am having trouble understanding functionality "selected visuals" in the bookmarks 3 dots menu.

I have one page report. I have created bookmarks to show data filtered it relatively by date:

1- since 2018,

2- last 12 months

3- last 3 months

Each by applying filter in filter pane on date field. Added those as actions to buttons and it works. However I have also multiple slicers on the page as well. I would like to allow user to apply slicer choices and then switch between bookmarks, e.g. see the data filtered with slicer since 2018 and then go to last 12 months but preserving slicer choices. 

I tried using "selected visuals" option like:

for each bookmark i deselected slicers and updated bookmarks with "selected visuals". and actually it preserves slicer choice but do not preserve date filter...

Im confused. 

Is there a way to achieve what im looking for?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have managed to achieve my desired bookmarks selection with rather unsightly solution:

I have created additional date slicer which is always unvisible and created bookmarks using it and deselecting slicer i would like not to change with changing the bookmark

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have managed to achieve my desired bookmarks selection with rather unsightly solution:

I have created additional date slicer which is always unvisible and created bookmarks using it and deselecting slicer i would like not to change with changing the bookmark

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you clarify a bit more what you need to achieve now? 

You have a hidden slicer that you have bookmarked to the 3 different filters.

But i'm guessing all other slicers are being deselected when you apply the different bookmarks?

/ J

Connect on LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes exactly. So I wanted to apply date filter to each of my 3 bookmarks, but allow user to make choices in slicers and keep them when changing through those 3 bookmarks. I couldnt achieve it with applying filter to filter pane and deselecting 'data' on bookmark option, because then filter didnt work. I coudlnt achieve it either with keeping 'data' on and 'selected visuals' with deselecting slicers - in that case filter was passed through previous bookmark, so actually bookmarks inherited different filter and stopped being my desired bookmark. So what i did:

I created date slicer and I have hidden it in selection control for every bookmark with desired date selection. Also set bookmark with 'selected visual' and deselected slicers that user choices I want to preserve with changing bookmarks. Kept 'data' on

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ahh so it's working now? 

Connect on LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous , 

By deselecting the "data" interaction on the bookmarks the user selections on the slicers will be maintained, but this also means that the page level filters that you have applied within the bookmarks will no longer be active. 

You can work around this by switching between dynamic measures. If you code the filters directly into the measures and then swap between the measures you will be able to achieve the same result. BUT this means that you will most likely need to have several different tables, that you toggle visibility on depending on the bookmark selection. 

Hope this helps!

Br,
Johannes

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.