Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bwarner
Helper I
Helper I

Bookmarks affecting multiple tabs in report

Hello all,

Is it possible to create a bookmark that affects more than one tab in a Power BI Report?

I have a report (Sales) with multiple tabs where this report is only able to be accessed in the app via another report (Overall) using a URL link which passes two filter parameters to the Sales report. The Sales Report's main bookmark state (Single Community View) that accepts these parameters uses cards in place of the filters with measures that get the selected parameters. One example is below:

Division_Title_Selection = IF(HASONEVALUE(Division[Division_Name]),VALUES(Division[Division_Name]),"All")

On the first tab of the Sales Report, I have a button called "Clear Filters" (my second bookmark) which hides these cards and then shows true dropdown filters. All other tabs remain with the pseduo filters (cards) that use the measures to retain the value of the filters from tab to tab. The only problem here is that you must go back to the first tab in order to change the filter selections that will then change all the other tabs.

What Business would like is to have all the tabs show true dropdown filters when you click on the "Clear Filters" button, but when I go through each tab and hide the pseduo filters (cards) and show the true dropdown filters and then click update on the "Clear Filters" bookmark, it also changes the state of each page for the main bookmark page (Single Community View). 

So at the end of the day, I have two bookmarks that I want the following to happen:

Single Community View - each tab shows the pseudo filters (cards)
Clear Filters - each tab shows the true dropdown filters 

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Brian 

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Copy your slicers to your other pages and choose "Sync slicers". Then you can hide them on the other pages. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

That's what I have been trying to do but when I go and hide the pseudo filters (cards) and then show the slicers and click the update button on the "Clear Filters" bookmark, it also updates the original bookmark so that when I click that one (Single Community View), the tabs don't go back to the pseudo filters (cards), they stay on the slicers. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors