Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bookmarks / Sync Slicer Question

Hi Everyone,

I have created a 2 page report in Power BI. The first page is a 'landing page' which shows 20 small logos which are the divisions of the company I work for.

The second page is a sales summary. This page includes all 20 images that are visible in the landing page in the top left hand corner, but using the bookmark and selection panes, each division has its own Sales Summary bookmark which shows the corresponsding image. The bookmarks also filter the data accordingly for each division. For example, bookmark 'A' shows the Sales Summary page with a division A logo visible whilst being filtered to show data only for division A.

The bookmarks are then 'actioned' to each image on the landing page, so when the end user clicks on, for example, the 'Division A' logo, it will take them to the summary page which shows the summary page with the 'Division A' logo and correctly filtered data.

My Question...

I want to add another page to the report. For example, 'Stock Summary'. How can I achieve the same principles as above where the user can select a divisional image in the landing page and the entire report is filtered accordingly AND shows the correct divisional logo in the sales and stock summary tabs?

I don't think bookmarks can be used - happy to be corrected though.

I have used Sync slicers before and think they could work, but as I want to use images in the landing page AND have the correct logos displayed in each page I don't think this will work either.

Also, it might be worth mentioning that I have a live SSAS connection.

Any ideas anyone?

Thank you,

Martyn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @Anonymous ,

maybe this would be a solution.

You use image urls in a slicer -> with that you have the sync slicer functionality option available.

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @Anonymous ,

maybe this would be a solution.

You use image urls in a slicer -> with that you have the sync slicer functionality option available.

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @JosefPrakljacic thanks for your reply.

I'm having trouble accessing your OneDrive link - has the link expired?

Also, need to add another table into the model which will house the URL's for the slicer? I don't think that this is an option for me as I can't add data into my report as I have a live SSAS connection.

Thanks,

Martyn

Hi @Anonymous,

actually it is available (tried it out in inkognito mode)

But here you have a google drive link 🙂

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again @josefv I've manages to open the file.

The functionality looks like it can work for me! ....but not straight away.

I have a live SSAS connection fo rcannot create a new table which would house the URL list. Hopefully there's a way of adding in the URLs in the SSAS model.

Will give that a go, thank you for showing me the functionality.

Martyn

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.