Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ccarpent
Helper IV
Helper IV

Bookmarks NOT working on dashbaord

Hi

I seem to be having a problem with bookmark(s) I setup to toggle a menu or shape to apper or disappear - an example takem from Guys in a Cube.  

I have came across this article, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks#enable-the-bookmarks-preview-versions-pr..., but the version my work use must be an more up-to-date as I dont see any refrence to the artcile above - see screen print below.  Now the bookmarks work fine in the report view.mode, no problem, its just goes wrong when I publish a report to a dashboard view oddly.  The artcile does state that you can "View > Selection pane or View > Bookmarks pane", but for the life of me I can not see this.

Screen Print: Options in PowerBi Desktop:

Preview Features PowerBIPreview Features PowerBI

Any pointers woud be great.

Chris

Finance & Contracts Information Analyst

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @ccarpent ,

Bookmark is a feature of reports, so you can't use it in a dashboard. You can come up with a new idea and add your comments there to make the feature you want coming sooner.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @ccarpent,

When you refer that you are publishing to a dashboard you are pinning a full page on a dashboard is that it?
Be aware that reports are different from dashboards.

A Power BI dashboard is a single page, often called a canvas, that uses visualizations to tell a story. Because it is limited to one page, a well-designed dashboard contains only the most-important elements of that story.

Check https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-dashboards

Being dashboards made up of visualization from a report not all functionalities work (example bookmarks or drill trough) because the purpose of dashboard is to give a quick snapshot of the information for details people dive into reports.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-reports

Be aware that depending on the way you setup some of these features some can work with limitations o dashboards.

Regards,
MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

MFelix

Thats great and a good point reference the dashboard telling a story; that does rings a bell from some early lessons.  And, yes I pinned the report to the dashbaord sorry. Thanks for the prompt response, along with link which I will take a look at.  The report does the job nicely but for future I will have a rethink as to why and how to use a dashboard.

Chris

Hi @ccarpent ,

Bookmark is a feature of reports, so you can't use it in a dashboard. You can come up with a new idea and add your comments there to make the feature you want coming sooner.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi v-joesh-msft

Many thanks, yes I will take a look at this.

Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.