Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vdweghp
Frequent Visitor

Bookmark

Hello and good day !

I have a two bookmarks in a report, respectively activated by button 1 and button 2, in their turn respectively

hiding visual2 and showing visual 1, and the other way around.

Both visuals have a locked filter, say 'Filters on this visual' table.attribute = 'ONE' for visual 1,
and 'Filters on this visual' table.attribute = 'TWO' for visual 2.

So starting out whith clicking on visual 1, on the right hand side I see the 'Filters on this visual' table.attribute = 'ONE' .

I then click the button, and visual 2 shows up, and I see that the locked filter table.attribute = 'TWO' has taken its effect.

HOWEVER, on the right hand side, the 'Filters on this visual' table.attribute = 'ONE' remains visible, even though I'm looking at visual 2.

=> That I find very confusing.

1) So it's NOT that I want the filters on visual 1 to be cleared. The locked filter remains on visual 1 and so it should be.

And the other way around.

So as from the point of showing/hiding visuals with buttons calling bookmarks, it works perfectly.

2) I also understand that it is not possible to immediately see the filter on visual 2.
    There could be two visuals behind the bookmark, each with their own filter, so it would not be possible ...

But upon clicking the Button and calling the bookmark, is it possible to have the "Filters on the visual" section cleared ?
So that I actively have to click on (... any of ...) the visual(s) behind the bookmark, if I want to see which filter is active on it.

Thx,

Kr,

Piet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PVO3
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi Piet,

It's not very clear what you mean. Perhapse you should post a PBIX or at least screenshots.

My initial thought is just remove the visual filters and use a measure to filter the visual and another measure in a seperate visual to show the filters that have been applied.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PVO3
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi Piet,

It's not very clear what you mean. Perhapse you should post a PBIX or at least screenshots.

My initial thought is just remove the visual filters and use a measure to filter the visual and another measure in a seperate visual to show the filters that have been applied.

vdweghp
Frequent Visitor

Hi, thx for the input.

what I'm asking is simply not possible (checked with some colleagues), and the most elegant solution is indeed to simply hide the locked filters, as their meaning (and presence) is clear already from the title of the visual.

Thx, 

Kr,

Piet

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.