Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RonaldvdH
Post Patron
Post Patron

Bookmark vs Filter

Is there a way to make sure that the filters I have in a bookmark interacts with another filter on the page ?

I Have different bookmarks based on Permits and the status of those Permits for example, Permits that are overdue, permits that are valid, permits that aren't valid anymore etc etc.

I have buttons in place with a bookmark based on a filter set to the Permit status

However I can use filters (that are not part of the bookmark) in order to specifically filter on a project but when I use them it cleares the filter in my bookmark.
So when I set the status on Valid Permit (bookmark) and then use my filter to Project A, the visual just shows Project A but ignores the filter set in my bookmark and vice versa

How can I change that ? I've already tried boxing and unboxing the Data value in the bookmark pane

2022-04-19_12-11-42.png2022-04-19_12-12-34.png

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@amitchandak ive tried that very option but when I uncheck the Data box on a Bookmark the button doesn't seem to do anything anymore.
Lets get something clear because if my question isn't clear then I can't expect you to give me the right answer obviously 🙂 🙂

My bookmark buttons works perfectly when I only use them because each bookmark has a filter based on a status.

That part works fine

Then .... i have a few other filters (not in the bookmark) so that I can filter on a specific project or subproject but that filter overrules the Bookmark filter and vice versa.

If it's not clear please ask questions which I can answer and again thank you for your time and input

@amitchandak maybe this is one of those problems you can't figure out. I'm not sure if there is a solution to this

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors