Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RicardoS
Advocate III
Advocate III

Bookmark update december 2017 - All Visuals vs Selected Visuals

Hi all,

I am trying to use the new bookmarking feature Selected Visuals (instead of All Visuals). I have seen the video of Amanda where she shows that two toggle buttons (and multiple graphs) works indepentally of each other. 

In the video (and related release text) I miss the configuring of these bookmarksI try to select the visuals I want for the specific bookmark, but once I apply it, it effects all the bookmarks in the page. Every bookmark has now the same selected visuals and with the Selected Visuals option selected, the bookmark 'Link' doesn't work anymore. 

I am not the only one with this problem, see this post. Now can somebody please help us? Thanks!

Kind regards,

Ricardo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-shex-msft,

Now it works on my side too, but I think that more explanation is needed how to configure these bookmarks. Note the following:

• Make sure you do not have a bookmark selected when creating a new one. Otherwise it will overwrite this bookmark with the new selected visuals. You can only deselect the bookmark by making an image visible/hidden.
  • After creating the bookmark with selected visuals, you cannot see which visuals are related to this bookmark. They are no longer marked in gray.  
  • In case of multiple toggle buttons you have at least four times a visual called 'image'. By switching on the Title, give it a suitable name and switch off the title, you can distinguish them. 

You can see the configuration of the bookmarks on our blog and YouTube:

http://microsoft-bitools.blogspot.nl/2018/01/power-bi-bookmarking-feature-update.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cserABSnXzk

Kinds regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RicardoS,

I test with bookmark 'select visuals' feature and it works on my side.

Can you ensure you have configure the bookmark with on correspond visuals? If you can't ensure, I;d like to suggest you delete current bookmark, then choose visuals which you needed before you create bookmark.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

Now it works on my side too, but I think that more explanation is needed how to configure these bookmarks. Note the following:

• Make sure you do not have a bookmark selected when creating a new one. Otherwise it will overwrite this bookmark with the new selected visuals. You can only deselect the bookmark by making an image visible/hidden.
  • After creating the bookmark with selected visuals, you cannot see which visuals are related to this bookmark. They are no longer marked in gray.  
  • In case of multiple toggle buttons you have at least four times a visual called 'image'. By switching on the Title, give it a suitable name and switch off the title, you can distinguish them. 

You can see the configuration of the bookmarks on our blog and YouTube:

http://microsoft-bitools.blogspot.nl/2018/01/power-bi-bookmarking-feature-update.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cserABSnXzk

Kinds regards,

Ricardo

This won't work for visuals with names?! How disappointing

@RicardoS thank you for editing your response and clarifying! I was trying to get this to work yesterday and I name all my visuals. For the moment, I've given up and stuck with the All Visuals option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.