After extensive tesing with 2.53.4954.481 i find that the new bookmarks features do NOT work intuitive and as planned.
For instance, the only proper way o hide two charts and show two other charts (and v.v.) WITHOUT affecting the slicers is in the followin way
- Create 4 charts
- Create two shapes with SHOW 1+2 and SHOW 3+4
- Unhide all charts
- Make sure no bookmark is selected by toggling the visibility of a visual twice
- very importan or it will fail: Select all 4 charts PRIOR TO MAKING THE BOOKMARK. Make sure all four visuals are not hidden at that time.
- Click add bookmark
- Set name to your liking
- at the bookmark, while still having all visuals selected, set toggle to 'selected visuals'
- hide the two charts that you dont want to show
- click update on the bookmark.
There is no way to add another shape lateron using the update function. You can also not click all selected and then selected visuals again when trying to do so. Only way is removing the bookmark, make everything visual again, select all visuals including the new one, add bookmark, set selected visuals, set visibilities, update.
This solution worked on the Feb 2019 version. I just tried it today following installation of the update for March 2019 and it no longer works.
Please help!!! @denpries