Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

denpries
Resolver I
Resolver I

Bookmark 'selected visuals' bug > almost impossible to work with

After extensive tesing with 2.53.4954.481 i find that the new bookmarks features do NOT work intuitive and as planned.

For instance, the only proper way o hide two charts and show two other charts (and v.v.) WITHOUT affecting the slicers is in the followin way

- Create 4 charts

- Create two shapes with SHOW 1+2  and SHOW 3+4  

- Unhide all charts

- Make sure no bookmark is selected by toggling the visibility of a visual twice

- very importan or it will fail: Select all 4 charts PRIOR TO MAKING THE BOOKMARK. Make sure all four visuals are not hidden at that time. 

- Click add bookmark

- Set name to your liking

- at the bookmark, while still having all visuals selected, set toggle to 'selected visuals'

- hide the two charts that you dont want to show

- click update on the bookmark.

There is no way to add another shape lateron using the update function. You can also not click all selected and then selected visuals again when trying to do so. Only way is removing the bookmark, make everything visual again, select all visuals including the new one, add bookmark, set selected visuals, set visibilities, update.

Very.Very.Very.Annoying.

6 REPLIES 6
LeilaRoshanbin

Hello

I succeeded by trial and error

You must Do it Step By Step:

1) data not tick
2) all visual tick
3) update
4) selected visual tick
5) update
6) data tick
7) update

Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing, this has been making me crazy for days.

Perfect  solution.

Come on PowerBi, this needs to be more intuitive

Anonymous
Not applicable

This solution worked on the Feb 2019 version. I just tried it today following installation of the update for March 2019 and it no longer works.

Please help!!! @denpries 

jason_quinn
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thank you for this post.  I thought I would never be able to workaround this.  Definitely a bug that needs to be fixed in the next release.

Bian
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you so much for this workaround. 

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@denpries,

This is a preview feature. To get a better explanation, you may create a support ticket.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.