Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

Bookmark question

Hi all,

I create two bookmarks. Then I create actions to jumping between two pages.

I encountered an issue . I set all filters as dropdown type. However, after I use bookmark to redirect back to this page. The type of filter changed to List automatically. Has anyone encountered this issue?

I tried to reproduct this issue in a new pbix file, but the filter type does not change to list. That's very strange. I am sorry that I can't share the pbix file due to the data security issue.

Or any recording app that I can use? Maybe I can record how this issue happens.

Thanks in advance.

c1.JPG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ryan_mayu,

Can you share a sample that can reproduce the issue? As we can see from power-bi/desktop-bookmarks#using-bookmarks, the status of bookmarks should be recorded.

I would suggest you create a new bookmark to test it. 

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ryan_mayu,

Can you share a sample that can reproduce the issue? As we can see from power-bi/desktop-bookmarks#using-bookmarks, the status of bookmarks should be recorded.

I would suggest you create a new bookmark to test it. 

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jiascu-msft 

Thanks for your reply. I tried to create bookmarks in a new pbix file. However, I can't reproduce this issue.

May I know where I can upload my file(except one drive becoz I am in China and I don't have the access to it.)

Thanks a lot

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ryan, I faced similar issue yesterday while working on bookmarks. I followed the below procedure : 1. In the Default view, Make the slicer to dropdown or any chagnes you want to make , go to bookmarks pane, right click and update 2. Flip the Button, make the slicer to dropdown again or any chagnes you want to make, go to bookmarks pane, right click and update Issue is fixed.. If this is not working, one option that i can propose is, Delete your bookmarks and re-create them after fixing your slicers. Thanks, Nishanth.

@Anonymous

Thanks for your advise. This issue is fixed after I update the bookmark.

Anonymous
Not applicable

May be your bookmarks are not updated.

When you make any changes on your page, you have to rightclick and update your bookmark to see those changes.

For troubleshooting,

Open your bookmarks pane click on bookmarks and see how the pages are being displayed..

Check your fields as well...

If you are using windows 10, i think you can you steps recorder and show it, if you still face an issue.

Thanks,

Nishanth.

@Anonymous

Thanks for your reply.

This is the bookmark that I set up. You can see the button to let user to switch between map page and the list page.

c1.JPG

c2.JPG

Here are the filters in the map page. No matter how many times I changed to dropdown. It will automatically change to list when I go back from list page.

Can you find the root cause in the screenshots? Any other info you need?

Any thoughts on this. Thanks again.

c3.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you send a sample PBIX with some dummy data.. if possible or a screen recording video with Windows 10 Screen recorder...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.