Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bookmark - passing filters from a chart visual to a bookmark / button

Hi,

I have a report like below with pre-set visuals and bookmarks. The below has a table visual and a button "Open Q&A".

image.png

If I click the "Open Q&A" button, it shows a Q&A visual.

image.png

I can type whatever questions in the Q&A visual. In this example I want to generate a column chart which gives me the total quantity for each item. Once I have the column chart visual in the Q&A box, I select the "banana" bar in the chart and the left hand table will automatically filter the data based on what I select on the right hand side.

image.png

Then I click on the "Close Q&A" button to hide the Q&A visual. However, the filtering of "banana" cannot be passed to the left hand table while I click on "Close Q&A". I already checked PowerBI documentation online and I couldn't find anything about "passing the filters from chart visuals to a bookmark".

image.png

I would like to know how to pass the filter selection from a chart visual to a bookmark. Is there a way to do it in PowerBI or if this is a limitation of a bookmark feature?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Emily

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Try the option with selected visual. This what I done. I created bookmarks and later add a filter and right click on bookmark and used selected visual. Filter was still working

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak 

Just tried your solution on my own but not able to overcome the problem.

Here below is the link of my original file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F0541KuwSWigpIkRyVxeMT9er2yaoz-T/view?usp=sharing

Would you please help to put your solution in the file? Thank you!

Best regards,

Emily

@Anonymous , I think, I got it because you are hiding the filter. I was not hiding the filter, I was changing other visuals.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak Can you show me the samples that you did in which you got the desired result?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.