Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

Bookmark bug? Inconsistent behaviour

Good evening,

Is there a bug in the bookmark feature? 

I have set a Bookmark to a page with none of the slicers selected. If I then select both slicers and click on the bookmark, only one of them clears.

Cerate BookmarkCerate BookmarkSelecting both slicersSelecting both slicersclicking bookmarkclicking bookmark

I have then tried changing the bookmark. This time the bookmark is created with both slicers selected. If de-select and then click on the bookmark, both slicers are selected (as they should).

Create BookmarkCreate BookmarkClear slicersClear slicersClick on bookmarkClick on bookmark

So it is inconsistent, right? Can aynone reproduce this?

Thanks.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@PaulDBrown,

I can't reproduce this issue today. Could you please reboot your machine and re-start Power BI Desktop?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@PaulDBrown,

What is the version of Power BI Desktop? I make a test using the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.54.4970.961), when I select values in the two slicers, and click on the bookmark, both selections are not cleared.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

Lydia,

I’m using the January update. I actually re-downloaded Power Bi desktop yesterday and tried the whole process again, and I get the same behaviour.

scenario 1:

1. Set the bookmark with no slicers selected.

2. Select both slicers.

3. Click bookmark: only one slicer clrears.

scenario 2

1. Set the bookmark with both slicers selected

2. Clear the slicers

3. Click the bookmark: both slicers selected (as is “expected”)

Any ideas?

thanks,

Paul.

Paul on Linkedin.

@PaulDBrown,

I can't reproduce this issue today. Could you please reboot your machine and re-start Power BI Desktop?

Regards,
Lydia

@v-yuezhe-msft 

Lydia,

Now that is weird. I just tried the bookmark and it is working today. Baffled as to why this was causing problems last week. Nothing has changed since then!

Thank you for looking into this.

Regards,

Paul.

Paul on Linkedin.

I am also having trouble using bookmarks.  Previously functionality no longer seems to work.

I use a bookmark to clear filters.  To do so, I created a bookmark with all of my slicers/filters cleared.  I then created an image that is linked to the the bookmark.  When you click on the clear filters image, it should return the report to the state where all filters were cleared. 

In the past, this functionality worked like a charm and was super simple to set up.  However, I can't seem to get this to work in new reports that I'm creating today.  It seems to be random.  If I select one filter and then try 'clear filters', it sometimes works.  Sometimes not.  If two filters are selected, it most often does nothing.

Please note that I have uploaded the latest version of PBI (January).  Could it be a bug was interduced with this implementation?

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

Anyone?

Paul on Linkedin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.