Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bookmark based on Button issue

Hi All,

I have created bookmark based on the button val and vol by hour,day... etc.

my pic is DAY wise.my issue is when i click Hour and trying to see value , its again coming back to DAY, i want to see HOUR wise Val and Vol, same for all the time slicer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous - I am not 100% understanding what you are asking but I will give it is shot. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

So, if what you are referring to Val and Qty are values displayed in your line chart, there is a technique called the Disconnected Table Trick that might help as this article demonstrates: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Solving-Attendance-with-the-Disconnected-Table-Trick/ba-p/279563

Basically, Let's say you create a table, "Choices" with a column "Choice" and two values, Val and Qty.  You would use this to create a slicer. Then you could create a measure like the following:

Measure = 
  VAR __Choice = SELECTEDVALUE('Choices'[Choice])
RETURN
  SWITCH(__Choice,
    "Val",SUM([Val]),
    "Qty",SUM([Qty])
  )

You would use this Measure in your visualization.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KBO
MVP

Hi @Anonymous ,

may be you use in the first step the blank button - you can find it under "Insert" and "Buttons" -> "Blank"

there you can directly choose your Bookmark really easy 🙂

Bookmarks.png

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Refer if this can help.

https://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

Provide more information to help. It is not very clear.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak 

I have Val and Qty chart with 2 buttons respectively , in another chart i have sales analysis by Hour,Day and so on

when i am in seeing the sales analysis by Hour i should see qty and val (based on clicking val and qty button) and same when i am in Day  i should see qty and val. and so on for other Time button

the problem is when I am looking at Hour and trying to  click the qty button , it taking me to DAY wise chart.

hope i am clear this time

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Tough to follow. Bookmarks can be tricky sometimes, make sure you have everything setup exactly for Hour the way you want and then update your bookmark. Very difficult to tell what is going on.

Latest book!:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Greg_Deckler  Is there anyother way to toggle between the Val & Qty by Time Wise

@Anonymous - I am not 100% understanding what you are asking but I will give it is shot. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

So, if what you are referring to Val and Qty are values displayed in your line chart, there is a technique called the Disconnected Table Trick that might help as this article demonstrates: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Solving-Attendance-with-the-Disconnected-Table-Trick/ba-p/279563

Basically, Let's say you create a table, "Choices" with a column "Choice" and two values, Val and Qty.  You would use this to create a slicer. Then you could create a measure like the following:

Measure = 
  VAR __Choice = SELECTEDVALUE('Choices'[Choice])
RETURN
  SWITCH(__Choice,
    "Val",SUM([Val]),
    "Qty",SUM([Qty])
  )

You would use this Measure in your visualization.

Latest book!:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.