Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

swadopt
Regular Visitor

Bookmark RESET button created in (PowerBI Desktop) is NOT WORKING well in Desktop (Please help)

Hi, I am a novice. 

My Button-Clear All filter upon testing using CTRL-CLICK button doesn't work properly.

When NO filters are selected in the Slicers, the card display 53.64 bn

I then selected 2017 in Year Slicer.  Card display 19.74bn.  

When I clicked on ClearAll filter button, it didn't clear all the filters and card shows 13.49 bn (doesn't return to 53.64 bn)

Training data (non-proprietary).  Msft Community Support Team, I can post  .PBIX if you give me access. 

NO filters selected in Slicers

swadopt_0-1642646346185.png

I then select 2017 in Slicer. It shows 19.74 bn

swadopt_1-1642646549928.png

Now I want to clear all the FILTERs by clicking CTRL+Clear Filter button.  Card shows 13.49b (instead of original 53.64 bn)

swadopt_2-1642646644430.png

One of the visual has a filter in it, it looks like my Clear-All filter button DIDN'T clear the filter in visual

swadopt_3-1642646820240.png

My bookmark button is created using demo from 

Power BI: How to Clear All Filters on a Power BI Report | Jon Gallant

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@swadopt , reset all the slicer and filter , drill on the page and bring the value of 53.64B and then overwrite/update the bookmark. Save with data option checked.

View solution in original post

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @swadopt ;

You may not have added a bookmark that is clear of all filters, I saw your link, it is necessary to add a bookmark first (PS: make sure all visual filters are cleared), and then name the bookmark;
Then add an action link to the image or button to the bookmark you just created.
 you could try again, if not, can you share a simple file after removing sensitive information?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY9r7vhRklA

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
swadopt
Regular Visitor

1/27/2022  11:05pm.  I followed v-yalanwu-msft's steps.

YES it definitely works and I know what error I made.

When I cleared all the filters, and update the BOOKMARK, it works!

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @swadopt ;

Is your problem solved? If so, Would you mind accept the helpful replies as solutions? Then we could close the thread. More people who have the same requirement will find the solution quickly and benefit here. Thank you.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @swadopt ;

You may not have added a bookmark that is clear of all filters, I saw your link, it is necessary to add a bookmark first (PS: make sure all visual filters are cleared), and then name the bookmark;
Then add an action link to the image or button to the bookmark you just created.
 you could try again, if not, can you share a simple file after removing sensitive information?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY9r7vhRklA

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

1/27/2022 Thursday

Thx so much to Yalan Wu.  Your instruction is clear and concise.  I will try it out when I have a chance

Meanwhile I will accept this as Solution. 

Novice: swadopt

I will post the result once I try out your steps and watched your video you recommended

THX AGAIN

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@swadopt , reset all the slicer and filter , drill on the page and bring the value of 53.64B and then overwrite/update the bookmark. Save with data option checked.

Hi Amitchandak,

Does this mean "BOOKMARK Clear All filters button" doesn't automatically clear all filters set in the Slicers and Visuals?  So user has to clear the the filters manually, then click the CLEAR button again 

I don't understand your instruction too well

What does your statement "Save with the data option checked refer to?"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.