Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

flying-spirits

Blurred and unreadable

Just installed Power BI on Win7 desktop.  Many dialogs contain blurred text.  Having google'd, folks suggest adjusting ClearType and scaling but none of these have any effect.  Can someone give me a pointer on this?  I don't want to turn stuff off or make changes to my system, I just want to see clearly! :)Smiley Very Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

After a bit of hunting around and thanks to this post 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/fonts-in-windows-7-are-fuzzyblur...

I've managed to change the nVidia settings for Power BI so that anti-aliasing is switched-off.  In particular, open up the NVIDIA Control Panel, got to Manage 3D settings on the left panel, and set:

Antialiasing - FXAA to OFF

Antialiasing - Gamma correction to OFF

Antialiasing - Mode to Aplication-controlled

This works for me anyway.  

Out of interest for the Power BI folks, can't this be detected so that the user does not have to bother?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
NAOS
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hey,

I had this problem but I managed to fix it by going to:

Settings -> Display -> Scale and Layout -> Advance scaling settings -> "Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry"

and switching this "On".

You'll need to restart your apps (Power BI included) for this to take effect.

I hope that helps!

WillT
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi - can you tell us what browser you have installed, what text scaling setting you have enabled, and attach some screenshots so we know what's affected? Thanks!

Please find a couple of images below.  Text scaling is currently at 125% and I'm using Chrome v38 and have IE11 installed.

Power BI Blurred Text.jpg

Power BI Blurred Text II.jpg

One thing to note is that blurred text that is hyperlinked, when hovering over it, it becomes crystal clear again 🙂

After a bit of hunting around and thanks to this post 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/fonts-in-windows-7-are-fuzzyblur...

I've managed to change the nVidia settings for Power BI so that anti-aliasing is switched-off.  In particular, open up the NVIDIA Control Panel, got to Manage 3D settings on the left panel, and set:

Antialiasing - FXAA to OFF

Antialiasing - Gamma correction to OFF

Antialiasing - Mode to Aplication-controlled

This works for me anyway.  

Out of interest for the Power BI folks, can't this be detected so that the user does not have to bother?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.