Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gritman
Frequent Visitor

Blanks in Table Results when Slicer Moves

Hi,

Please can someone help me with the below.

I have two tables which are joined by a key and a measure which adds the two quantities together.

Table1DatePersonLocationQtyKey
 1st FebA1100A1
 1st FebB1200B1
 1st FebC1300C1
 1st FebA1100A1
 1st FebB1200B1
 1st FebC1300C1

Table2DatePersonLocationQtyKey
 2nd FebA1-50A1
 2nd FebB1-100B1
 2nd FebC1-150C1
 3rd FebA1-25A1
 3rd FebB1-50B1
 3rd FebC1-75C1

KeyTableKey
 A1
 B1
 C1

I have a Table visual with a slicer on table 2.date.  What I would like is for the "NetQty" to change based on the dates selected by the slicer.  this works fine when the slicer range means that there is a value from table 2 included.

Table 2 Slider:  Date Range = 1st Feb to 3rd feb

Table1.PersonTable1.QtyMeasure1.NetQty
A200125
B400250
C600375

Table 2 Slider:  Date Range = 1st Feb to 2nd feb

A200150
B400300
C600450

However when the range falls ourside of table 2, I'm getting a blank for Table1.Qty - even though this is a core number from table 1 and doesn't have any calculations on it.  What I would like in the below is the Table1.Qty values to be the same as in the two tables above, and for the NetQty to equal just the table1 values.

Table 2 Slider:  Date Range = 1st Feb to 1st Feb

A 0
B 0
C 0

Can anyone offer advice please?

Many thanks

Gritman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gritman ,

How about appending the two table into one single table following steps below. Then you needn't create Measure1.NetQty and KeyTabl.

2.png3.png4.png

Here is my test pbix: https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/ESgjlhcSDUxImS-1YT...

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gritman ,

How about appending the two table into one single table following steps below. Then you needn't create Measure1.NetQty and KeyTabl.

2.png3.png4.png

Here is my test pbix: https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/pbipro_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/ESgjlhcSDUxImS-1YT...

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Great that works.  thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.