Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

csatary
Frequent Visitor

Blanks and incorrect values in visuals

Hi,

I have 10 data tables with product and market information, demand qty and period. those are related with keydata columns created from product and period information.  I used many to one relationsships between the files.
I use several slicers and all of them are showing blanks, while none of the tables containing blanks.

Moreover in the visuals (charts) also there are blanks and the columns in the visual are showing totally wrong numbers compared to source files.

I figured out that the sum of the blank columns and the value columns would be the correct numbers. So, I think, there must be a something with data relations.

this might apply for the slicer blanks as well

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @csatary,

I guess the issue related to the underlying data from those tables. Regarding the chart visual, it seems not all the chart value fields come from the same table as the x-axis date filed resides in. Please try to merge queries as a new one, then place the date and chart values from the merged table.

As regarding the slicer visuals, please check underlying data field to see if blank values exist.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @csatary,

I guess the issue related to the underlying data from those tables. Regarding the chart visual, it seems not all the chart value fields come from the same table as the x-axis date filed resides in. Please try to merge queries as a new one, then place the date and chart values from the merged table.

As regarding the slicer visuals, please check underlying data field to see if blank values exist.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@csatary

Hi, My first impression is that you in one or many tables don't have the complete data into the related fields (keys).

A better approach would be looking the data and relationships.

Regards

Lima - Peru

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors