cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mezmarianne Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Blank values not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship

ScreenHunter 471.pngerror message

I have a table with blank values in column 'Faktisk Lukkedato'. Those values are supposed to be blank. The table is not in a relationship to any other tables. It used to be on the many side of a One-to-Many relationship. Not the one side.

So the error indicates that PowerBI thinks the column is the primary key. It is not. I have a column with nice unique values that can be used as primary key.

How do I change primary key? Why does PowerBI think that this excact datetime column is the primary key? There are other datetime columns with no blank values.

ScreenHunter 472.pngno relationships to table

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Re: Blank values not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship

Hi @Mezmarianne,

In Query Editor, is there only one table "Alle salgsmuligheder"? Please go to File-> Options and Settings -> Options, uncheck below settings: 

w4.PNG

Please try to run the latest Power BI desktop version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Mezmarianne Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Blank values not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship

Those settings were already set to no.

And only one table "Alle salgsmuligheder".

ScreenHunter 473.png

mtaubman Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue with one of my reports.  There are two queries, but only one is loaded to the report.  None of the "automatic" relationship options are enabled, and I get the same error trying to refresh the data.