Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mwhitnack
Frequent Visitor

Blank values in Matrix total - Matrix total made to work differently from row totals

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting blank values to fill in properly here. 

I have three meaures:

1.)Running Total - This is a running total of the pallet quantites in a warehouse. 

Running Total =
CALCULATE (
SUM (PalletTable[Amount]),
FILTER (
ALL ( 'PalletTable' ),
PalletTable[Date] <= max('Date'[Date])),
VALUES(sqft[Client]),
VALUES(whse[Warehouse]) )
2.)Total Sqft - Disregard this. It was an old formula that didn't work correctly in the Matrix total
3.)New Sqft Total - This is the forumla that multplies the Running Total by the SqftM (Square foot multuplier) to get the total squarefootage occupied in the warehouse. This formula produced two different values depending on whether it's in the total category or just a regular row

Formula:
New Sqft Total =
VAR totalx = SUMMARIZE('PalletTable',
SQFT[Client],
"New", [Total Sqft])
RETURN
IF(HASONEVALUE(SQFT[Client]),[Total Sqft], SUMX(Totalx, [New])
)

For some reason the "New Sqft Total" has blank rows in it. It also doesn't summarize across rows properly. For example on line 13 New Sqft Total under TOTAL is 31,975.19 but so is the New Sqft Total under NORVAN. I'm thinking this is because the value under BLUMON (1,996,67) is carried over from the previous day. Since there isn't a new value there it won't add add it to the row total. This would also explain why there are blank rows.

How would I go about fixing the blank rows/incorrect sums? Let me know if you guys need more information.

Mwhitnack_0-1598393200147.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

The HASONEVALUE is preventing your total.  You can reference your existing measure in an expression like this, and use this in its place.  I'm not sure if Norvan/Blumon are Clients or Warehouses, but use that column here.

NewMeasure = SUMX(VALUES(sqft[client]), [New Sq Ft Total])

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

The HASONEVALUE is preventing your total.  You can reference your existing measure in an expression like this, and use this in its place.  I'm not sure if Norvan/Blumon are Clients or Warehouses, but use that column here.

NewMeasure = SUMX(VALUES(sqft[client]), [New Sq Ft Total])

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

That worked! Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.