Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Blank( ) in Card/Multi-row Card

Is there an easier way to output 0 instead of blank in a card / multi-row card

I've been using => IF ( ISBLANK (expression), 0, expression )

Is there any way to avoid repeating the expressions?

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

You can hide the blank value using a Conditional Formatting rule on the Value. The rule is 'if blank' then select the same color as the card or canvas background. 

I have created a video tutorial on how to create the conditional rule in data cards, it should work the same in Multi Row cards : https://youtu.be/Xsmbfpa4oCA

biancagilly_1-1652137235851.png

Cheers, Bianca

caitken
Regular Visitor

I have the same challenge.

I can't see why count of nothing should be (blank), as opposed to 0.

Anyone know of a card-like visual that displays 0's rather than (blank) without the need to create additional measures?

Thanks

Hi @caitken

I just add +0 in each measure expression that might be shown as (Blank) in a card visual, no need to create 'additional' measures?

Matt

Hi @Matt_Alexander

I'd like to be able to do it without creating any measures.
Best Wishes,

Have you figured out how to do this without creating measures? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem. Could someone please help me how to solve it with the +0 resolution ?

I have a card counting total number of tickets in first column. when i select specific names in slicer it shows (blank) instead of 0. I understand i need to create measure, but what do i do when the measure is created ? how can i use it ?

if the corrent formula is measure = expression + 0

what should be under expression if the card is counting total number if tickets in column A ? sum(table(columnA)) ? and when the measure is created how can i apply it to the card ?

thank you

Hi @Anonymous

That's correct, just add +0 after the expression. 

If your table(column A) contains counts of tickets then your formula expression should be OK. 

If each row is for a different ticket you could also use countrows(table)+0. 

Not sure if that helps. 

Matt

austinsense
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Little simpler, but you still have to repeat the expression IF ( [Measure], [Measure], 0 )

Austin is VP Operations at PowerPivotPro and a professional self-service enthusiast 🙂

I'd also be interested in how to remove (Blank)

This is made up of individual Card vizulisations and i have lutiple different revenue and count cards over my report that i would need to create a measure for to remove (Blank) Is there a way to create a report level filter or at least page level filter that changes this to some relevant '0' or '-' . 

Hi @LLABROOY,

Have you tried doing a 'replace' in your query editor, see image below. If you right click on the column and replace null with 0, this may resolve your issue.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

shebr

replace nulls.JPG

Austin,

Great reply, thanks. This would mean that for every card on a dashboard where I do not want to see "BLANK" - I need to create a new measure and apply this IF. Is that correct? Or is there some way to have this act as a global setting?

Best, and thanks again.

Brian

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.