Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Blank Text Card until something selected in a slicer

Hi

I have a report with multiple slicers and I am using a text card to show the name of the account selected. When the user doesnt select anything it is showing the first account name. How can I show it the way that the text card will stay blank untill the user selects one account. 

slicers with card.png

Thank you 

I found similar topics but none of it worked. 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Here I made a sample to meet your requirement. We can create a measure like this to get the the result as we excepted.

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED(Table1[name]) || ISFILTERED(Table1[Plant]) || ISFILTERED(Table1[VAS type])||ISFILTERED(Table1[date]),FIRSTNONBLANK(Table1[name],Table1[name]),BLANK())

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/axa0yq95rvm8itk/Blank%20Text%20Card%20until%20something%20selected%20in%20a%20slicer.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
sraj
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I need to do something similar but just for one of my slicers, Its a GL account slicer and i need to show the name the GL ACCOUNT only when the account is selected.  Can someone please advise?

Capture.PNG

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Here I made a sample to meet your requirement. We can create a measure like this to get the the result as we excepted.

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED(Table1[name]) || ISFILTERED(Table1[Plant]) || ISFILTERED(Table1[VAS type])||ISFILTERED(Table1[date]),FIRSTNONBLANK(Table1[name],Table1[name]),BLANK())

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/axa0yq95rvm8itk/Blank%20Text%20Card%20until%20something%20selected%20in%20a%20slicer.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi , This worked for me but at thi point it show blank . In case we want to display "Text" in Card instead of black when selected all then what will be the query?

I try to used the same formula but the card appeared only Blank, it was not change while I selected other item? Do I have to put all the colum in the table or just the column that I used to make the whole project (including another tab)

Hello all

I am trying to do somthing simlar but with a Card and the card normally hold dates so this is what I have 

ProjectStartDateMeasure = if(HASONEVALUE(Table[Column), FIRSTDATE(Table[Column]),"Select Project")
When nothing is selected I get Select Project but when i select a date i get 
jimmy7377_0-1631259723154.png

This has now taken to many hours, wall, head. you get the picture. Please someone put me out of misory pretty please.

Try something like this ! 

FORMAT(SELECTEDVALUE ( Dates[Date] ),"dd/mm/yyyy")

it worked for me ! if so please accpet this as a valid solution as it would be my first 🙂 

@jimmy7377 

Did you ever Find the solution to this Issue? Running into something very similar 

hi @v-frfei-msft 

this has worked perfectly for me, thanks! 

I have made a little change in your expression, because i didn't want " (Blank) " to appear on my card, so here's the expression I used: 

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED(Table1[name]) || ISFILTERED(Table1[Plant]) || ISFILTERED(Table1[VAS type])||ISFILTERED(Table1[date]),FIRSTNONBLANK(Table1[name],Table1[name]),"")

Thanks ! 🙂

Same thing I did as well.  Looks cleaner. 

Hi @Anonymous,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case.

Regards,
Frank

datafitters
Regular Visitor

Create a measure that shows the FIRST(account), and only when 1 account is selected.

something like this (pseudocode, not tested):

Name of account=IF(HASONEVALUE(account);FIRST(account);blank() )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.