Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mshaivitz
Frequent Visitor

Blank/Null dates showing wrong in Esri map

I have a list of dates in a spreadsheets along with locations in the Esri map visualization. The date is a 'start date' and most of the cells are blank. Instead of showing as (blank) they are displaying the date 12/31/1969.

Any ideas on how to show the Null cells as either (blank) or not have them displayed in the tooltip at all if there isn't a date in there?  This goes away if I chose 'Date Hierarchy' but that is a lot of empty tool tips if I chose that option and I lose the title 'start date'.

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mshaivitz,

Based on my test, you can firstly use the formula below to create a new measure to get the "Implementation Will Begin" Date(return "(Blank)") when it is Null.

Implementation Will Begin On = 
IF (
    ISBLANK ( MIN ( 'Table 0'[Implementation Will Begin] ) ),
    "(Blank)",
    MIN ( 'Table 0'[Implementation Will Begin] )
)

m1.PNG

Then show the measure instead of the "Implementation Will Begin" column on the Tooltips to show the Null cells as (Blank) in the tooltip if there isn't a date in there.

r6.PNG

Here is the modified pbix file for your reference. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mshaivitz,

Based on my test, you can firstly use the formula below to create a new measure to get the "Implementation Will Begin" Date(return "(Blank)") when it is Null.

Implementation Will Begin On = 
IF (
    ISBLANK ( MIN ( 'Table 0'[Implementation Will Begin] ) ),
    "(Blank)",
    MIN ( 'Table 0'[Implementation Will Begin] )
)

m1.PNG

Then show the measure instead of the "Implementation Will Begin" column on the Tooltips to show the Null cells as (Blank) in the tooltip if there isn't a date in there.

r6.PNG

Here is the modified pbix file for your reference. Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

My date is in a date data type, while this works for the blanks, the records that had a real date are shown as #0.0.00

Do I need to conver the date back to a string? If so, what is the formula for this. TIA.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue when using this code

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mshaivitz,

Could you post your some sample/mock data which can help us to reproduce the issue, so that we can better assist on it? It's better that you can share a sample pbix file(with just some sample/mock data) which can reproduce the issue. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.