Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yios
Helper I
Helper I

Bins based on measure

Hi all,

I have a table which has a column with Car registrations (for every car there is only one registration value), a date column, a slot column which has 24 values (from 0 to 23 - one for each hour within a day) and a column with a value (num of kms that a specific car has been going through for a specific date, for a specific timeslot)

for example

Registration      Slot    Date            Distance

CarA                  0        1/9/2019     12

CarB                  5        1/9/2019     14

CarC                  3        1/9/2019     19
CarB                  22      1/9/2019      24

CarD                  13        7/9/2019   12

CarD                  5        9/9/2019     14

CarA                  6        16/9/2019    19
CarB                  11      20/9/2019    24

CarA                  1        27/9/2019     8

CarC                  2        27/9/2019     14

CarD                  3        28/9/2019     9
CarB                  23      28/9/2019     17

Date of this table is connected with date from Calendar

I want to have a stacked bar chart where x axis will be month and in stacked bar there will be the number of distinct cars which belong to a specific bins, for example for September of 2019 how many cars have going through < 5 Km , how many between 5 < and <= 10 and how many > 10 km

Consider that in data we hav records only for dates and slots that a specific car has "done" kms.

Bins will be the average of all dates, i mean sum of column Distance which will be divided by total calendar days for the given month (30 days for september). Above calculation should be done for each registration and then i should find distintcount(registration) for each bin.

Does anybody know the solution? I think i should create 3 different measures for each bin but how can i do it based on above requirements?

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yios ,

I created a sample that you can have a try.

• Calculated columns

Month = MONTH('Table'[Date]) 
Div = 
var CountDays = CALCULATE(COUNT('Table 2'[Day]),ALLEXCEPT('Table 2','Table 2'[Month]),FILTER('Table 2','Table 2'[Month] = MAX('Table'[Month])))
return
DIVIDE('Table'[Distance],CountDays)
total div = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Div]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Month],'Table'[Registration]))

Month = MONTH('Calendar'[Date])
  • Measures
< 5 Km = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[Registration]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Month]),FILTER('Table','Table'[total div] <5 ))
>10 Km = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[Registration]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Month]),FILTER('Table','Table'[total div] > 10  ))
5 - 10 Km = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[Registration]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Month]),FILTER('Table','Table'[total div] > 5 && 'Table'[total div] <= 10 ))

2.PNG

I attached my sample that you can download to check if it is what you want.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your response but maybe i wasn't so clear.

I would like to be more dynamic!

For example user can filter the calendar and can select one calendar[date] or can drill down to a specific month in order to see the same values for each day within a month. Also user can select specific slots, this means that measure should sum the column distance only for the visible records (specific slot values and specific date)

I want to clarify it a little more.

If the visual displays measure value per days then denominator should be always one and nominator sum of distance only for visible records (only slots that have been selected)

Again, if the visual displays measure value per month then denominator should be the number of days for the specific month and nominator sum of distance only for visible records (only slots that have been selected)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.