Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jmy3
Frequent Visitor

Bing map zoom issue

I have a report where I'm using the Bing map to show my data by zip code/region. I have a codeset of zip codes by region and slicers to select a region. What I have found is that occasionally, a zip code may be removed or get "retired" and when this happens, the auto-zoom feature in Power BI shows the entire world map instead of zooming in on the region want to show. I am trying to find an efficient way to identify which zip code is causing the issue and currently the only way for me to be able to do this is to highlight the visual and uncheck each zip code one by one until the map zooms in again. Any sugestions? I have tried to find a source list of Bing map zip codes that I cou

2 REPLIES 2
OliT
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @jmy3 

>> a zip code may be removed or get "retired" and when this happens, the auto-zoom feature in Power BI shows the entire world map instead of zooming in on the region want to show

Does this happen occasionally? In general, when you select a value in the slicer and close the report, the value in the slicer should still be the last selected value when you open it again.

Regards,

OliT

jmy3
Frequent Visitor

I do not have a slicer to select zip codes. I have a code table of zip codes by geographical region that we update frequently. The visual slicer is the region, such as Philadelphia or San Diego. The geographic region dataset includes zip codes within a certain radius. This does not happen that often, but my problem is I do not have a way to look at what zip codes are used by the Bing maps. A good example is zip code 19080. This was a zip code for Wayne, PA within the Philadelphia region and it is no longer a zip code recognized in the Bing maps in Power BI. Even if you go to the Bing map website and search for 19080, it does not bring up Wayne, PA as the city. If there was a way for me to be able to see a list of all the "acceptable" zip codes used by Bing maps, I could easily find the problematic zips but I can't find that source.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.