Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lseite
Frequent Visitor

Bing map not correctly filtered on one country

Hello all, 

firstly, sorry for any mistakes i could make as English is not my mother tongue.

I'm trying to show on a Bing map the geographical origin of our clients, using their city as reference. We only sell in France and hence consider all our clients do live in France as well. 

As other users noticed before, some cities exist in several countries and Bing doesn't know which to show, resulting, in my experience, in clients appearing in "La Plaine, Illinois, US" instead of "La Plaine, Maine et Loire; France".
I followed the tip given in this thread https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-can-we-restrict-a-country-when-placing-cities-on-a-map-... and added the "country" field and filtered on France (the only country available by the way), but it's not working, as you can see below :

lseite_0-1628516063554.png

country is filtered on France but still showing a client in US.

Unfortunately i'm using a SQL connexion and cannot create any new columns

Is this something one of you already saw ? Any idea how i could focus on France only ?

Thanks in advance !

4 REPLIES 4
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @lseite ;

Has your problem been solved?

If so, Would you mind accept the helpful replies as solutions? Then we are able to close the thread. More people who have the same requirement will find the solution quickly and benefit here. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lseite
Frequent Visitor

Hello and thank you both for your suggestions

unfortunately, i cannot create new columns nor new tables, as you can see below it's greyed out :

lseite_0-1628672394050.png

@lbendlin do you mean i should try to change the type of data my column "country" is recorded as ? It's greyed out as well but i could ask our provider to change it, i will let you know if that solves the problem

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @lseite ;

You could create a table by dax if your mode is DQ.

new = SUMMARIZE('Table',[Country],[city],"ABC",[Country]&","&[city])

The final output is shown below:

vyalanwumsft_0-1628662870199.pngvyalanwumsft_1-1628662910646.png

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/UK-cities-are-showing-in-the-US-in-map-report/m-p/47129

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Did you only filter by the country, or did you also categorize the column as "Country"  in the column tools section?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.