Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bing Map - Displaying County Boundaries

I am trying to use a bing map to display county boundaries. At first it just appeared as one singular color blob on the state with no distinction among counties (see photo). The only way I'm seeing how to create a distinction among counties is to change each county's color, which doesn't look as clean. Is there a way to create an outline around each county? Any suggestions on how to display county outlines?

Example.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?
Could you please provide more details or expected result about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I can get a filled map to show counties, but want the pie charts per county, is there a way to get the Bing map to show the county lines?  (far left side map) 

pattersonm8_0-1600439659593.png

v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for that we did not understand you requirement clearly, but if you want to split different  counties , we can add the it to legend, each cities will have different colors and it is convenient to distinguish.

The result like this,

Bing 1.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If I understand his question he is trying figure how to put a border around the county or city a different color (black) than the shape.  I would like to know how to too if anyone has any idea.  I dont think there is a way currently, but thought I would ask.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also interested if any one found a solution. In arcGIS, one way to achieve this would be to create different layers for each county then color them (color the polygon, not the point) e.gMap1.png

ArcGIS maps for PowerBi will do this for counties.

Tadpole_0-1655846705886.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.