Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rveerasamy
Helper III
Helper III

Bing Map - Automatic drill down possibility

I have created the state level bing map visual. drilldown added for state level to location level(address & zipcode). For this our user's requesting just scrolling (Zoom in & out) the map they want to see the state level to loction level details. is there a possibility without clicking the drilldown option, just by scrolling the map it will show the location level map?

Map Scrolling -  automatic drilldown possibility.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @rveerasamy 

First thing you are going to have to do make use of the "Data Category" in the Modelling tab of the ribbon.  Next you'll need to configure your Map visual to make use of the Zip code in the "Location" section of the visual and the Sales column will need to be in the Size/Color sections of your visual.

It might not work immedately as Zip codes are likely not enough of an identifier for a map.  Its likely you will need to add more location data into your locations tables, possibly with Lat/Long coordinates to get something accurate.

Alternateively you could use the Synoptic Panel by OKViz (custom visual) and fill in a map drawing that has your Zip boundries/shapes set up.  This can be a better option if you want more control.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Regards,
Pranit

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@rveerasamy , I doubt any such functionality is there. Try to  scroll with ctrl and check

@amitchandak , checked i'm not able to see that option

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.