Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bing Map Address Not Geographically Correct

Hello,

I am using Bing Map to plot the ship-to location of various customers. I need this to be able to filter by state.

I put all the information in the most correct format I could (Address, City, Zip, State) and plotted. For 99% of the data points, it is accurate. But for some reason a few get plotted oddly. Below is an example, filtering for California I get 8 data points that are not in California, but looking at the tooltip I see that the data point should be plotting to somewhere in California:

ExampleMap.png

The data center I use does not have longitute or latitude information, and I don't want to use longitude or latitude data since the time it would take to map these cities to the appropriate long+lat coordinates would take forever (I've tried). 

Is there any way I can format the data for Bing to correctly plot the address?

Thank you,

Rob

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Without longitute or latitude information, only information including "Address, City, Zip, State" may be confuzed for there are same names for different "Address, City, Zip, State".

To avoid this, please select the any column of columns "Address, City, Zip, State" , select proper type in Modeling->Data category.

It is better to add longitute or latitude information, you can search documentation and examples of longitute or latitude and use it in Power BI.

Please find more details here.

https://sqldusty.com/2016/04/26/power-bi-and-the-bing-maps-api/

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have selected the columns and changed the data type to the proper "Address, City, Zip, State" combination - but still no luck.

Still trying to avoid longitude and latitude data, is there no other way?

-Rob

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.