Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ollie_mills
Helper I
Helper I

Bind to parameter bug (ICM: 304871615)

I am experiencing the same bug as per this community post: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Field-Advanced-Properties-for-DirectQuery-Parameter-Binding...

It is apparently a known issue and was due to be fixed in the June release of Power BI desktop (ICM: 304871615). Has this been fixed?

I am using a directquery connection to MS-SQL, sometimes I am able to bind my parameters, but if I open the file the next day - or if i'm working on the file for a long time, the bind to parameter option is no longer available and my slicers don't work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

To anyone stumbling on this post - I got in touch with microsoft and the bug wasn't fixed in June, but should be working as of the August desktop update

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ollie_mills 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>>For ICM: 304871615, the model is mixed: DQ+import, when you setup the "Bind to Parameter" option and then close the file and open it again, the option "Bind to Parameter" would be missing.

This has been fixed in the June release.
Is your situation consistent with this? Could you please provide some screenshots of it? Thanks.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xiaotang Hi is there any updates? Thank you

To anyone stumbling on this post - I got in touch with microsoft and the bug wasn't fixed in June, but should be working as of the August desktop update

Yes I am still getting these errors. Here's a snip of the power bi desktop version I am using:

ollie_mills_0-1658750123272.png

And here's a snip showing that my main query is on direct query:

ollie_mills_2-1658750485222.png

Then I have some parameters in Power Query 

ollie_mills_3-1658750535887.png

And these params are referenced in a raw sql query like so:

ollie_mills_4-1658750584633.png

The i have tables with values for users to enter their desired parameter value

ollie_mills_5-1658750644232.png

But in the Advanced section there is no option to bind to parameter...Note that a few days ago I COULD bind these tables of values to the parameters. I would get about halfway through the binding then the option would just dissapear. Very strange

ollie_mills_6-1658750695213.png

I wouldn't be surprised if you see that because you ran into some undeclared limit of the number of parameters you can have etc.

I was thinking this, but it now happens even if I try bind just one parameter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.