Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jiripaulas

Binary measure that use another measure in condition – click filtering doesn't work

Hi! I've got two visuals built up on three interconnected tables. (stock_movements, my_date, products_sales)

In the first visual there is:

1. Datum = my_date[Date] 

2. Kód = stock_movements[Product_code]

3. Sum of Množství = custom measure summing up stock_movements[Movement]

4. Zásoba = custom measure that sums up all the previous movements before that day (basicaly running total that indicates how many products are in stock): 

Zásoba =
CALCULATE(SUM(stock_movements[Movement]);
filter( all(my_date_stock_movement);
my_date_stock_movement[Date] <= MAX(my_date_stock_movement[Date])
)
)

Works like a charm. But! I want to calculate a number of days when each products wasn't in stock (Zásoba <= 0). So I thought the easiest way would be to add a next column to the first visual that would be binary (0 or 1) and would test if Zásoba is below or above the zero:

No in stock = if([Zásoba] <= 0;1;0) 

Than it should be possible to select a product from the visual on the right side so the left visual would be filtered and I would see the total of days when the product wasn't in stock in the last row of Totals.

The problem is that when I select a product from the visual on the right, it doesn't filter anything on the left:

So even though the measure somehow works and brings the value 0 or 1, I still can't see that values for individual products. And it also doesn't sums up in the total row.

Do you have any idea what would help me please? Thank you for any answers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi jiripaulas,

I have made a test on your issue but can't reproduce your issue. See my sample data and measure below:

1.PNG 

PBIX: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iaefg66i7o2798f/Binary%20measure%20that%20use%20another%20measure%20in%20c....

In addtion, if this issue still occurs, could you provide some dummy data for further analysis?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi jiripaulas,

I have made a test on your issue but can't reproduce your issue. See my sample data and measure below:

1.PNG 

PBIX: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iaefg66i7o2798f/Binary%20measure%20that%20use%20another%20measure%20in%20c....

In addtion, if this issue still occurs, could you provide some dummy data for further analysis?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thank you! Eventually I solved the problem by pre-calculating the measure's values directly in a custom table. So it's not actualy a measure anymore. Not only the filter now works pretty well, but also overall performance on visuals is much higher.

jiripaulas

Hi! I've got two visuals built up on three interconnected tables. (stock_movements, my_date, products_sales)

In the first visual there is:

1. Datum = my_date[Date] 

2. Kód = stock_movements[Product_code]

3. Sum of Množství = custom measure summing up stock_movements[Movement]

4. Zásoba = custom measure that sums up all the previous movements before that day (basicaly running total that indicates how many products are in stock): 

Zásoba =
CALCULATE(SUM(stock_movements[Movement]);
filter( all(my_date_stock_movement);
my_date_stock_movement[Date] <= MAX(my_date_stock_movement[Date])
)
)

Works like a charm. But! I want to calculate a number of days when each products wasn't in stock (Zásoba <= 0). So I thought the easiest way would be to add a next column to the first visual that would be binary (0 or 1) and would test if Zásoba is below or above the zero:

No in stock = if([Zásoba] <= 0;1;0) 

Than it should be possible to select a product from the visual on the right side so the left visual would be filtered and I would see the total of days when the product wasn't in stock in the last row of Totals.

The problem is that when I select a product from the visual on the right, it doesn't filter anything on the left:

So even though the measure somehow works and brings the value 0 or 1, I still can't see that values for individual products. And it also doesn't sums up in the total row.

Do you have any idea what would help me please? Thank you for any answers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.