Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

apollo89
Helper II
Helper II

Bin Measure values into calculated column

Hi All,

Consider the following table:

Capture.PNG

I then a build a measure of this:

Measure = SUMX('Table','Table'[Value])

Result:

Capture.PNG

What I need to do is to 'Bin' them with the following:

SWITCH(TRUE(),
[Measure] > 0 && [Measure] <70,"1",
[Measure]>= 70 && [Measure] <140,"2",
[Measure]>= 140 && [Measure]<210,"3"
)

Although a measure here works, but I need to be able to place this into either a filter or a column in an Analyze in Excel pivot. Since Analyze in Excel pivot has a limitation of only being able to put Measures into Values field (@https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-troubleshooting-analyze-in-excel), I would need a Column to place this into a filter or a row or columns pane.
Anyway to achieve this?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @apollo89 ,

For a workaround, you could create another calculated table like below, so that the measure will be the column in the calcauted table.

Capture.PNG

Hope this can help you.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @apollo89 ,

Have you solved the problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @apollo89 ,

For a workaround, you could create another calculated table like below, so that the measure will be the column in the calcauted table.

Capture.PNG

Hope this can help you.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.