cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: Bill of Material Totals

Is this your desired result? 

Unfortunately I don't understand the desired aggregation logic, so please give some samples of the desired mathematical operations behind it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

hk2018086 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

hi imke,

D come at two places in my last reply. onetime as in the parent chain of A and another time in the parent chain of E.

Under the chain of A the total for D is 1x5x3x10=150. Under the chian  of E the total for D is 2x1x5=10. so total for D is 150+10=160

Super User
Super User

Thanks, that's a step further, but I have the impression, that I still don't see the full picture.

So please give a representative example of your source data and the full desired result. 

Please also explain what role exactly the levels play and include data in your sample that show their role.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

hk2018086 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi Imke

here is an example. The levels are used to create a parent child hierarchy. Lower number level parts are parents of those with a higher level number. i hope the example makes it clear. 

venug20 Member

@hk2018086

can you explain one more time... if possible...

i have modified your data, as per below table.. how come your result...

LevelPartqty
1A1
2B5
3C3
4D2
2E3
3F3
3D5
2C2
1B2