Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hk2018086
Helper I
Helper I

Bill of Material Totals

I have a table in this format and need to find totals usage of all parts. please help.

Level Part Qty

1A1

2B5

3C3

4D2

2E1

3F1

Please note that is related to the hierarchical totaling For example the total qty required for Part C, which is at Level 3 and falls under Level 2 of Part B and level 1 of Part A, would be Part B qty X Part A Qty. 

For Part D the total will = Part D (2)  x Part C (3) X Part B (5) x Part A (1) = 30

Lower levels are parents of higher levels

In the example below Bearing Ball = Bearing Ball (10) x BB Bearing Ball (10) x HL Bottom Bracket (1) x Mountain 100 Black 38 (1) = 100

Another example is shown below.

1BoMExplosion.jpg2aBomOrderList.jpg

24 REPLIES 24

Hi Imke

here is an example. The levels are used to create a parent child hierarchy. Lower number level parts are parents of those with a higher level number. i hope the example makes it clear. 

@hk2018086

can you explain one more time... if possible...

i have modified your data, as per below table.. how come your result...

LevelPartqty
1A1
2B5
3C3
4D2
2E3
3F3
3D5
2C2
1B2

Hi Imke

Part D is not totaling correctly with the code that you supplied. Can you please re check it?

LevelPartqty

1A1
2B5
3C3
4D10
2E2
3F1
3D5

Totally awesome and much more elegant. thank you 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.