Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AriadnaCarpeD

Big size dynamic images and pdf export

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to add dynamic images to one report. I have been able to do it and show it in two ways, but none of this is completely acceptable for me:

1.     In a table visualization: It is working in Desktop and Service, but images are displayed very small, and I need bigger size.

I've also changed the size of the images to make it bigger but with this kind of visualization the displayed size is always                   small, let's say about 2cm x 2cm.

2.      By using an external visualization, that allows to display bigger images.

This is working fine with Desktop.

With Service, images are also displayed, but when I try to export the report to pdf, that external visualization does not                       support it.

Does anyone know about another solution? It is neccesary to me that images can be displayed in a big size (really no more than 10cm x 8cm), and also that can be exported to pdf through the Service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AriadnaCarpeD ,

As the official document said, Power BI visuals that haven't been certified aren't supported with the Export to PDF feature. In the PDF, they display with an error message.

Just as shown in my test with( use Sample Image, Image Grid visual ,Strippet Browser visuals ...)

cannot export to pdf.PNG

So I have two workarounds for you:

• The only setting in Table visual I found for images is Image height:

change image size.gif

But I think the current dimensions are still too small for viewing.

So please let the power bi community to know this things and give your votes at power bi site's feedback -

Image URL behaves like web URL (open full size of image by external browser)

• Use Chiclet Slicer visual which has been certified:

Chiclet Slicer .gif

Chiclet Slicer in PDF.PNG

Refer to :

Certified Power BI visuals - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AriadnaCarpeD ,

As the official document said, Power BI visuals that haven't been certified aren't supported with the Export to PDF feature. In the PDF, they display with an error message.

Just as shown in my test with( use Sample Image, Image Grid visual ,Strippet Browser visuals ...)

cannot export to pdf.PNG

So I have two workarounds for you:

• The only setting in Table visual I found for images is Image height:

change image size.gif

But I think the current dimensions are still too small for viewing.

So please let the power bi community to know this things and give your votes at power bi site's feedback -

Image URL behaves like web URL (open full size of image by external browser)

• Use Chiclet Slicer visual which has been certified:

Chiclet Slicer .gif

Chiclet Slicer in PDF.PNG

Refer to :

Certified Power BI visuals - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.