Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danzrust
Helper IV
Helper IV

Big Query Connector trying to connect to deleted Google Cloud projects?

Hi,

I am getting this error:
DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: Access Denied: Project sys-48003673962000241914595160: The user mail@danzrust.cz does not have bigquery.jobs.create permission in project sys-48003673962000241914595160.
Details:
DataSourceKind=GoogleBigQuery
DataSourcePath=GoogleBigQuery
OdbcErrors=Table

The thing is that I have no clue what these sys- projects are. I have suspicion those are the projects with some system name which I have recently deleted from Google Cloud Platform and which I had owner access to.

My feeling is that PowerBI is still trying to snif through these resulting in this error even though I am trying to connect to a totally different project and not to the deleted ones.

I installed the latest version, cleared cache and nothing helps - any idea how to fix this? 

DZ

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @danzrust ,

The error prompted that current account did not have bigquery.jobs.create permission. Based on research, the bigquery.user and bigquery.admin roles both contain the bigquery.jobs.create permission, please contact with your administrator to make sure your account still has proper provilege.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-yulgu-msft ,

As mentioned, I don't know what these sys-..... projects are. I have not created them, I have not been invited to them.  So I can edit my rights (or ask someone to edit my rights). It's something I only see in Power BI for Desktop. 

My thesis was that these projects got somehow created as temp projects for restoration after I deleted a project. However, I deleted only 1 project but I see 2 sys-.... projects now so I guess my thesis is wrong. I tried to restore the deleted project but both sys-.... projects still exist.

DZ

My colleague is having a similar problem:

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: Access Denied: Project api-6668808390308227208-145177: The user xxxx@xxxx.com does not have bigquery.jobs.create permission in project api-6668808390308227208-14517
Details:
DataSourceKind=GoogleBigQuery
DataSourcePath=GoogleBigQuery
OdbcErrors=Table

The difference is that their project does not start with sys-.... but it starts with api-.....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.