Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Between slicer not visible

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create a slicer with "between" option but it isn't visible, I am trying to change the type but the option doesn't appear.

I have a simple column made by numbers (0,1,2,3,4,5,6.... 90) and I want to create a between slicer using this column to filter my data made by ages.

What is wrong with it? I am using numerical data (the type is whole number).

I'm just able to use list or dropdown but I don't want. It's horrible to select options when you have 90 numbers.

Thank you for your attention

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

When your data type is Text the only two options are the ones refered, are you sure that your column is formatted as number?

Check on  the modeling tab selecting that column what is the data type of your column.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @MFelix,

The data type is WHOLE NUMBER.

Is it a problem?

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you solved your problem with the solution provided by @MFelix?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still have this issue, we should try something below.

1. Please check your data type and refer to the screenshots @MFelix provided.

2. You could create a simple data source with the number 1,2,3......, then test it if you have the Betweem Slicer?

3. If it is convenient, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry for asking this but are you sure that the type is Whole Number or are you saying that just because you see numbers in the column.

As you can see below the number will give you the option between the option don't.

slice.numnbe.png

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.