Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Between Day of Year Slicer: Display on Card

I have the belowCard for Slicer.PNG

The user selects the calendar days and is directed not to cross fiscal years.  This then filters the FiscalDayofYear slicer - This is the slicer that drives what Top Units sold for user selected Fiscal Year.  I'm not showing this in the photo. 

What I'm trying to do is create a card that displays the FiscalDayOfYear slicer values, as this slicer is hidden from the user so that they don't use this for selection.  Our users are more comfortable with the calendar days vs. knowing what day it is in the fiscal year.  

I've found the postings for the displaying in a card the date slicer and that code works great.  I can't get the same code to work for the FiscalDayOfYear slicer since Max and Min pulls the 1 and 364 respectively regardless of what the slicer shows.  I've tried selected value with no luck as well.

Any help would be appreciated.  Or is there a way to make a slicer just "display only"? 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey!

I am very new at learning Power Bi so, not sure would this work for your case but wanted to help you out and here is a suggestion:

1. Create a custom column in your calendar and name it let's say "isFiltered" and create a function with conditionals which compares the selected values with the range that "FiscalDayOfYear" has and returns 1 if it is in desired range and 0 otherwise.
  2. Then use this column as visual filter and select "advance filtering > is" and enter 1 into the textbox.

This might do the magic. Hope it helps.

Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm super new as well and do a little better if you can help walkthrough the code that you are using in the "isFiltered" column.  And is this to address that I don't want the user to cross fiscal years?  

I'm not sure how this helps me with my display card that shows the FiscalDayOfYear values that are driven from the calendaryear entry.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I don't get you wrong you are trying to show a specific range of values has chosen by the slicer, you only see values from 1 to 364 but not the values you desired from FiscalDayOfYear. So, I was thinking to create a filter which filters out the numbers between 1 and MIN(FiscalDayOfYear)  plus MAX(FiscalDayOfYear) and 364. So you will get only the desired range of numbers and user does not need to cross fiscal day slicer.

Correct me if I am wrong please. I would createa snippet if this is the scenario.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the display card I have tried the following code:

Selected Fiscal Days = "Fiscal Days: " & CONCATENATEX(ALLSELECTED('Fiscal Date Table'[FiscalDayOfYear]),'Fiscal Date Table'[FiscalDayOfYear], " - ")

This results in the visual display from the picture: i.e. 1 - 2- 3- 4- 5- 6-... all the way to 364.  

Then I also tried:
Selected Fiscal Days = "Fiscal Days: " & MIN('Fiscal Date Table'[FiscalDayOfYear]) & " - " & MAX('Fiscal Date Table'[FiscalDayOfYear])
but it was initially showing 1 - 364 regardless of the calendar dates I put in.  

Ok.  I just did a shut up and reboot.  Now it looks like the 2nd option is working.  I don't know what that is all about, but I'll take it.  Thank you all for the help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.