Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fesnouf
Regular Visitor

Better visualization of data, hover

Team,

I frequently use PBI to analize data. Lets suppose a vizualization (multi graph) where we have a formula such as "some of the cost per product, axis is per day".

The result is a "multi graph", each line represent the cost of the day for a product.

What I try to achieve is to select one of the pricing (so on one day, one line, so one product). When I click this dot, I would like to understand what is "this product".

Undortunatly today when I do this hover, PBI give me an contexte "menu" with a list of products and pricing... but do not highlight at all the product I have selected. When you have a lot of items to analyze, colors are not usefull, because it becomes very confusing (different green, .. etc).

Would it be possible when I hover a dot (price of the day, on a specific product) to have this "highlight" effect, so I can  understand in a second what is "this product" ?

Thanks !!

5 REPLIES 5
fesnouf
Regular Visitor

... just added a screenshot (visual) of the case.

thanks

freddot.PNG

HI @fesnouf ,

Actually, it will display all legends data where your mouse hover.(line chart display the vertical line when you mouseover, so it means power bi only pick x axis instead two axises)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Yes this is what I noticed.

Is there a way to make this visualization clearer ? Maybe an enhancement is planned by the product group ?

Thanks

fred

Hi @fesnouf ,

You can try to create a report page as tooltip to replace original tooltip:

Create tooltips based on report pages in Power BI Desktop

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
fesnouf
Regular Visitor

... just added a screenshot (visual) of the case.

thanks

freddot.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.