Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alexandergikalo
Frequent Visitor

Best way to work with snapshot data

Hi, everyone.

I hope someone can help me with my poblem.

I have a table which have start date and end date rows (id, date_begin,date_end, amount).

I need to receive from it the amount and numbers of rows for a day or a few days (then I need to take notes that acted for at least one day for a period, but without duplicates).

The obvious way - to convert the start date and end date into one field and multiply the table entries. After the conversion, I got the opportunity to receive the amount and the number of rows per day and period ( count distinct), but there is the problem with amounts. Amount per day = sum(amount), but I dont't know how to get amount per period (the amounts are not unique, so I can't use sum distinct.

Please advise how to solve the problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Alexandergikalo,

You may try to use SUMMARIZE Function and SUMX Function.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Sum-of-values-in-a-measure-with-divide-measure/m-p/296768#M...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Alexandergikalo,

You may try to use SUMMARIZE Function and SUMX Function.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Sum-of-values-in-a-measure-with-divide-measure/m-p/296768#M...

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.