Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RichardJ
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Best way to allocate stock to a kit - Formatting question about options

Hi,

I have parts produced in an spordaic sequence and these parts get grouped into Kits.

The Parts in the example are numbers Part 1, Part 2..... Part 10. 
A Kit comprises of one of each Part, so Part 1, Part 2..... Part 10 equals 1 Complete Kit.

Ive been attempting to create this view 

Desired viewDesired view

I can get a view of Parts available per Kit or

Parts available by Date

the challenge i'm having is getting the view above which shows that I may have produced two kits on a Monday called Kit 1 and Kit 2 and wondered if it's possible to surface them in a visual that shows both the Date and the kit numbers for that day.

The bottom table in the screengrab does this but it's not very aesthetic as it requires the user to expand the +.

ProgressProgress

I may be overthinking this - the exam question is to find and show the user the 'number of complete kits' produced on a specific day, and if there are any missing parts make it simple for the user to show which part(s) are missing from the kit.

The first available part(s) should be allocated to the first available kit slots that are short of the Part Number (this is what I was trying with the sub-index to get the allocated Kit Number for each Part Number).

If theres a simpler way of doing this, or if anyone can suggest a better approach please can you let me know.

The pbix can be found here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/41sp7bt7d88ui0s/Allocating%20Stock%20to%20a%20kit%20question.pbix?dl=0

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RichardJ
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @v-zhangti - Thanks for taking the time to  respond and for pointing that out. I ended up using a different approach to resolve the issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RichardJ
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @v-zhangti - Thanks for taking the time to  respond and for pointing that out. I ended up using a different approach to resolve the issue.

Hi, @RichardJ 

Can you share your own solution to help others find it?

Best Regards

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @RichardJ 

I found that the Date format in your file is text, do you need to convert to date format.

vzhangti_0-1669703167949.png

Wouldn't this be more in line with your desired outcome?

vzhangti_1-1669704534177.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.