Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best visual for showing steps of a process operation

Hi,

Context: Logistics and manufacturing

I wanted to build a visual that shows the operation managers the current status of the product in a manufacturing environment. To give some more details:

It is a logistics department and an operation starts when the raw materials come in on a date (e.g. 1/4/2019) and they undergo a lot of steps in the manufacturing line and then at the end they should be delivered as a finished product at the deadline (e.g. 31/4/2019). At each stage of this production the operator scans the date and time when that stage is finished to the system( SAP suite). So, the operation manager would know the current status of the product in the assembly line. Every week they print a table with all these dates and they can understand where is current status of the product. There is a start date column, finish date and current status columns.

Need: they would like to use a visual tool to replace these printings and reports being updated automatically every day to let them know what is the current status of the product?

Would appreciate your earliest reply.

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous I would use something like funnel to show in what stage the product is

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381334?src=office&tab=Overview

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately it is not relevant to my context at all @parry2k !

@Anonymous glad to hear that you figure out that this is not the right visual, would you mind explaining why? And also it means you have something in your mind, can you share that ?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.