Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best practice : Posting Question with Sample data

Hi friends

This is a great forum, we get solution for most of the questions. To get the most out of this forum, I wanted to make a request :   if someone asks question, please post the sample data in text format ( i.e: Copy & Pasteable format) , that will help other folks to help you .

Please remember that what we get here is help, so it will be great if the person who post the question, dont make the folks to type the sample data for you.

Manytime i used to type the sample data on my own, But sometimes i would be interested to answer a question, but i will be forced to skip becaue the question will have the snapshot of sample data, so i have to enter/ type the whole sampel data, which is not feasible always . I am sure , not only me, many other also would have felt the same atleaset few times.

Thanks

Raj

10 REPLIES 10
Kalpana_Atkins

Hi All,

Facing soret order issue with slicer visual. Slicer is taking general ascending sort order even though  i have specified sort by  column in modeling tab. Below are the screenshot for you referance. Tried with different ways but nothing worked for me any one have any solution for the same post here please.

PowerBISlicerSortOrderIssue.png
PowerBISlicerSortOrderIssue1.png

@Kalpana_Atkins are you sure you sorted Name column using. I just did quick test and it worked based on my sort order.

Click on name column, on sort by column drop down choose id and then chec,

image.png

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How Can I post a Question in form? I'm new to power Bi 

@Anonymous here is the link which explains it

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

I understand your request over here but most of the users don't read all the individual post one thing you can do is use the @Greg_Deckler community blog post about How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly to send out to people making the questions.

It's a great post by a great datanaut in the community.

Trying to change the community one person at a time, it's probably the way to go. Smiley Very Happy

But a great post anyway.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

That text that I always post referring to that article is actually a macro. Did you guys know that this site supports macros? They are fantastic, saves all kinds of time. I have 6 or 7 of them now but the one referrencing that article was the first and sadly used the most by far.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_DecklerThis si new to me that you can use macro, where I can find more info about macros?

Click on your username to go to your profile. Click Edit profile. Under My Settings, across the top you will see Macros. You can name up to 9 macros and each macro gets text. Then, when you are answering a question, over to the right-hand side you will see a drop down box that says "Macros". Drop that box down to select one of your named macros and it will put the text of the macro in the body of the reply at the position of your cursor.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi @Greg_Deckler,

Didn't know this but will make a use of your text and make a macro for me using your resources :D:D

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

already created one to link to @Greg_Deckler post for best practice 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.