Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GunnerJ
Post Patron
Post Patron

Best filter option for numbers

I need a filter that will allow end users to enter a number that can then be used in a measure. My problem is that the range is very large so scrolling through or simply displaying all values isn't really an option. Is there a filter or setting where I can have the user simply type in the number then enter? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think if you leave to filter pane that would be better. Filter in filter pane hasScreenshot 2019-09-26 20.53.22.png more options.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @GunnerJ ,

Good question.  Change your cursor type to one of the three circled below using the down arrow location marked with my arrow. Then you will have 1 or 2 boxes that the user can fill in.  If their input is outside the range, it will revert to the closest possibility.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel
Filter.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

@Nathaniel_C  the problem is that I need the selection to be a single number and not a range of values. 

Hi @GunnerJ ,

If I understand your issue, use the less than or equal to or greater than or equal to. There is only one box to fill in. If you can perhaps post a picture of your filter.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

@Nathaniel_C  If I use a range filter my calculation doesn't work. The visual with an error is just looking at the selected value. Currently the value is actually "valueS" 0-10 instead of just '10'. 

Number Filter.PNG

Below I have a dropdown which functions but isn't practical since I have a very very large range. If I could just type in the value I want then the dropdown would be fine.

Number filterd dropdown.PNG

Does this clear things up?

I think if you leave to filter pane that would be better. Filter in filter pane hasScreenshot 2019-09-26 20.53.22.png more options.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.