Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dnaman
Helper I
Helper I

Best chart to show multiple measures

Hi there,

I am trying to figure out how best to represent the following data points in a single chart.

- number of databases by application

- size of data by application

For example, 10 out of 3000 databases repreent about 33% of the total datasize in my environment. Any suggestions on which chart to best reflect this?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I would recommend a scatter chart to show the relationship between two measures in the way you're describing. That's not a custom visual, though (sorry!)

---
In Wisconsin? Join the Madison Power BI User Group.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It might be worth looking at the Treemap visualisation. Your example is exactly the kind of situation it was designed to represent.

Barney

cwayne758
Helper IV
Helper IV

Pie charts may be useful..

I have pie charts now but two of them (one showing data size by application, the other showing database count by application)..i'm looking for a single chart (maybe even using the new visuals!) that will show this data.

I would recommend a scatter chart to show the relationship between two measures in the way you're describing. That's not a custom visual, though (sorry!)

---
In Wisconsin? Join the Madison Power BI User Group.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.