Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnaman
Helper I
Helper I

Best chart to show multiple measures

Hi there,

I am trying to figure out how best to represent the following data points in a single chart.

- number of databases by application

- size of data by application

For example, 10 out of 3000 databases repreent about 33% of the total datasize in my environment. Any suggestions on which chart to best reflect this?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I would recommend a scatter chart to show the relationship between two measures in the way you're describing. That's not a custom visual, though (sorry!)

---
In Wisconsin? Join the Microsoft BI Professionals - Wisconsin group.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BarneyL
Resolver I
Resolver I

It might be worth looking at the Treemap visualisation. Your example is exactly the kind of situation it was designed to represent.

Barney

cwayne758
Helper IV
Helper IV

Pie charts may be useful..

I have pie charts now but two of them (one showing data size by application, the other showing database count by application)..i'm looking for a single chart (maybe even using the new visuals!) that will show this data.

I would recommend a scatter chart to show the relationship between two measures in the way you're describing. That's not a custom visual, though (sorry!)

---
In Wisconsin? Join the Microsoft BI Professionals - Wisconsin group.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors