Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Visual for Drilldown in Matrix, Table or Heat Chart

Hi 

New to Power BI and was wondering if someone could recommend me the visualization for the following problem:

Visualization – Matrix, Table, Heat Chart (example in the image)

X axis - Catagory 1 

Y axis - Catagory 2, with subsets

Values - Number of cases (which belong to both Catagory 1 and Catagory 2)

Feature – Conditional Formatting (shades of blue – high/low) and Drilldown using one table

Power BI.PNG

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Best Visual for Drilldown in Matrix, Table or Heat Chart

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for late back.  Currently, it is not supported to sort by columns field in Matrix.  You could vote the idea up to get the feature fixed quickly.

For you situation, it is better to create a formula with the function of RANKX to sort them. Please reference the similar thread to have a try.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-change-the-ranking-based-on-the-values-of-2-columns/td-p/351410

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I think the default Matrix can meet your request. Please see the sample:

2.gif

Reference:

Create matrix visualizations in Power BI 

Use conditional formatting in tables 

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup matrix seems like the best choice 🙂 thanks a lot for the solution. 

I had a question relating to the automatic sorting (higher number on the bottom left). Is there a way I can do this? I tried the ellipsis -> sort by. But this only rearranges rows but not columns (higher values on the bottom). How can I move these to values to bottom left? (prefer if I can avoid the rankx function) Matrix.PNG

E.g. Automatically Move columns 3 and 6 to rows  1 and 2, even when I drilldown. 

Sort each row - row 2 highest value is 285 but it is not at the bottom.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for late back.  Currently, it is not supported to sort by columns field in Matrix.  You could vote the idea up to get the feature fixed quickly.

For you situation, it is better to create a formula with the function of RANKX to sort them. Please reference the similar thread to have a try.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-change-the-ranking-based-on-the-values-of-2-columns/td-p/351410

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Meet the 2020 Season 2 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 2 Power BI Super Users!

Find out who's part of the program this season, and welcome the new Super Users.

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

July 2020 Community Highlights

July 2020 Community Highlights

Learn about the exciting things that happened in July.

Featured Data Story of The Month

Featured Data Story of The Month

All Data Stories Gallery contributions are reviewed for each month. We select a contribution and feature the community member the following month.

Power BI Dev Camp - Developing with .NET Core

Power BI Dev Camp - Developing with .NET Core

Learn how to develop custom web applications for Power BI using .NET Core 3.1 and .NET 5.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors